PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Mid-air collision at Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 09:46
I spy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a tragedy. Full stop. End of story. The facts, as they invariably do, will come out in the investigation.

It angers and dismays me that the media (again) have so far managed to hype up all the usual crap associated with this incident. At least they got the tyes of planes right, so we should all be grateful for small mercies

To those who continue to bleat, whinge and moan that their precious world is so traumatised by living near an airport - get a life and face reality, folks.
You moved there, knowing full well there was an airport nearby (probably got the house cheap BECAUSE of it) so accept no blame, but for your own stupid, short term decisions. You infuriate me, you morons. If you truly hate it that much, then move. Problem solved - but judging by their mentality, I seriously doubt that they have the brain cells necessary to arrive at that simple solution.

As for the lady who stated on the news tonight "They come in and then KILL THEIR ENGINES so they can dive-bomb in and make the runway" (or words to that effect) - I have one thing to say to you.
"PUHHH-LEASSSSSE".

PS: John Brumby -you're an ill-informed idiot too. Yeah sure - all the trainee pilots wil just up-stumps and move to Lilydale or Pt Cook and other country areas, sure. No problems. Just wait for the backlash when the residents of those areas start to whinge, too and desert you at the next polls. You'll be singing a different tune then, sonny. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

To those affected by this incident, you have my hearfelt sympathies. As an ex RVAC student myself, I know that some of my aviation family are hurting a lot right now.