PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Etihad Package...
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 09:31
NG_Kaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankbama

someone wanted to take the allowance and buy something will they give you the full amount? In the road shows they tell you that they only have apartments right now. I keep reading they are lying, if they aren't giving apartments what are they giving? If they are giving apartments what are they lying about. We are thinking of going over also but I too must say all this is a little scary. Thanks
You receive the full allowance and do as you wish, I subsidized mine as I came out with only a suitcase so didn't bring anything with me.
Housing availability is very fluid so if they tell you only apartments now I wouldn't doubt them. Guys who joined before me had to live in hotels for over six months then housing came on stream, I moved into an apartment almost right away then villas became available shortly after. Chose not to change as apartment living in the city is more attractive to me than villas near the airport, max driving time from my unit is 40 minutes.
There is so much hiring going on that housing is a mess, you might be lucky and arrive as new housing comes on stream or you might have to stay in a hotel for six months, the hotels are similar to the suite hotels in the States, a bedroom, small living area and small kitchen, ok for a single or a couple but too small if you have kids.
When I joined roster changed from day to day but as the fleet became established it became stable, only changes I get now is available days always turn into standby, suppose the 320 will get stable with time.
Etihad is not a US legacy carrier so don't expect legacy captain pay, some posters had valid comments on that issue.