PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC priveledges
Thread: IMC priveledges
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 09:22
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The JAA IR is still where it was, no change. A slight reduction to the ground school of (I believe) about 20% was worked out in 2005 and the CAA has stated that it should be activated in late 2009.
20% is hardly slight, in fact just under one quarter. Slight would be one or two percent.

There is no credit from the IMCR because the training is sub ICAO training and the CAA and EASA have concerns over the consistency of the quality of training.

There is no published "EASA IR" plan at present but IMHO it will be just the full JAA IR as is it at the time.
Your humble opinion accounts for nothing, you are not involved in the IR process and in fact EASA do have plans for it and are forming the working groups at the moment. You really are king of disseminating opinion as fact....

But back to the subject, I would recommend anyone do the IMCR now as it hones pilot skills and improves safety. Even if the hours do not credit anywhere else you will have improved as a pilot by doing the rating.

It never ceases to amaze me hoe people who involve themselves in flying are always looking to cut corners and get 'credit'. Think of the IMCR as a stepping stone if your desire is to have an Instrument rating and while the hours will not count, so what? They will be valuable learning time.