PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Creation
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 00:26
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the best example to look at (at the moment) is Manx2.

There is a debate as to whether you can class them as an airline. Some say they are a 'ticketing agent' as they have a fleet of ACMI aircraft whic operate their routes.

However, if the company decides where to fly those planes to and from, what prices it sets and who it flies I consider it an airline.

The company basically met the requirements of the CAA and leased in their aircraft. They probably did it the easiest way in that they handed most of the work over to the ACMI companies and saved themselves a fortune on CAA bills in that they do not currently have an AOC and own none of their aircraft.

At the moment they seem to be doing well and with over 60% of their passengers on business and flying camals for aircraft they are not seeing much slow down on their business during the economic slow down and rising fuel prices, or atleast not from where we are standing.

If you wanted to look at going into something like this then the boring answer is to go into an airline and work your way up, learn the trade and come out of it with a lot of experience, contacts and a clear idea of what you want to do.

But as I said, that is the boring idea - just going out there and doing it soud much more fun!