PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training -CABAIR
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2008, 19:09
T's & P's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the same kinda thing not too long ago, 45 hour PPL to 200hr ME/CPL in about 10-12 weeks with OFT. For the hour building i doubt it matters too much as to which school you go to, the only thing i suspect that will differ is the $/hr and aircraft availability. Last time i checked (over a year ago!) OFT was expecting quite a large throughput of students so i don't know how easy it is to grab a plane and go nowadays.

March i think is the best time of year to go, weather is absolutely gorgeous up until about mid may when the brush fires start and things go a bit murky, as long as your committed to the cause i cant see any issues with weather.

As far as the CPL goes i was quite lucky to have an english JAA instructor who was absolutely brilliant, however i think they have an american instructor certified to teach the JAA CPL...i hear she's not bad though. if the weather hadn't delayed us by a week the CPL would have taken 3 weeks, which is fairly quick.

night flying is easy enough out there, however i'm not too sure what OFT's rules and regs are. The airfield certainly isn't 24hr, closes at 2000. Nice place to fly from however, really central, not too far away from the northern airfields (Cecil, Jacksonville) and not too far from the keys either.

One last thing, be careful with your money; i used to think this applied to OFT only, however i've learned that many schools over in the states are the same - keep a close eye on your school account for "extra charges", most of the time they are genuinely an error, but its always nice to know where your moneys going