PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2008, 13:36
Old_Fokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are probably right, but ....

Blackboard:

I agree that is what the board stated. They are however being imprecise. I am familiar with that airframe and:

It is the actual composite tailcone that the board was referring to as first detached, because: ...
I reckon you are probably right. Nevertheless, (and this is a more general observation), I do believe that we should at all times make a clear distinction (ie, for our fellow, non-spanish speaking forum-readers) between what was actually said in Spanish and our own interpretations based on our expertise, how skilled the latter may be.

When CAIAIC in their press conference states that "it is the entire part after the pressure bulkhead which came off" then I believe that a translated transcript of that conference should state so, how ambiguous and/or unclear such statement may be. Our own interpretations of what they probably meant can be included, but not without making a clear distinction between the two (translated transcript / interpretation).

This might be 'splitting hairs' but I honestly believe that it is important, for the sake of this discussion, to accurately reflect even the tiniest details.

Sorry it did not get to you in time, cos I know it was a time-consuming task!
My remark was not meant as criticism, more as an example of my own stupidity. I have yet to fully understand how this board works and locate posts rapidly. I never saw your post # 1012 as a result of this.