PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2008, 10:58
bonalste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Rob,

I must recommend the Premier Travel Inn in Nursling (Southampton North). There's a very nice restraurant next door, the staff are extremely helpful (they bent hand-over-foot to get me breakfast at 5:30am for my early start!), the beds are very comfy and it's about 5 minutes away by taxi from CTC. They even kept my shaver, which I stupidly left in the bathroom, behind reception for me to pick up when I went for my interview with the bank.

I used Radio Taxis 02380 666 666 for my journey to CTC from the hotel - big company, 24 hour service and easy to get hold of. All of the other taxi companies which show on Google either didn't answer their phones or the phones would not connect, so I'd recommend that you make a note of that number.

Whatever you do, don't go for the Travelodge nearby. I made that mistake on my first Stage 4 attempt and to get to CTC the driver had to go the wrong way on the motorway because of the way the hotel was placed on the road, adding a healthy £25 taxi bill to my already rapidly-depleting wallet!

Last edited by bonalste; 27th Aug 2008 at 11:52.