PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2008, 09:55
LIMpass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimshady: "now that you have experience of an incident perhaps you will encourage your fellow travellers to pay attention when the CC are doing the safety demo."

So, you think further information in the inflight magazine would be a waste of time? I beg to disagree. If passengers are able to familiarise themselves with more details, such as the workings of the emergency oxygen supply, then there would be less anxiety and greater appreciation of the work being done by flight crew.

My experience, emergency evac Limoges, 21March2008 - slides deployed. Shoes taken off? None. Cabin crew guiding pax at head of forward slides? None. Hard luggage being brought down slides? Yes, lots. Overwing exits opened? Neither. RH slides stable in gusting wind? No. I could go on.

It may take X? time to produce a report into an incident, that's a given. However, it should be within the competence of the authorities to say what agency is conducting the investigation. I have yet to encounter that competence, either in France where the incident took place or in Ireland where Ryanair is registered.