PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Tricks, Short Cuts etc
Old 27th Aug 2008, 06:13
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holding Fuel for Works in Progress

Abnormal Ops holding fuel not reqd for holding but what about Works In Progress? I should think that WIP holding fuel would need to be carried for all abnormal ops (massive bit of equipment blocking the RWY which can only be moved so fast etc). Then again an abnormal cruise from the CP should give plenty of time for the requirement to be removed and if it happened near the aerodrome then the vast majority of the flight was at a more efficient SGR and now the difference between N.O. fixed reserve and Abnormal fixed reserve would add 1050 kg (DP; 15-19 min holding not including 10% CR) or 1800 kg(OEI; 25-30 min holding).

I could 'what if' scenarios all day but I'd rather just know if anybody has a concrete answer.

FRQ CB

Another interesting one to which I don't expect any reply: Operation Pitch Black (Darwin every June from memory) AIC declares that aeroplanes declaring an emergency (so definitely not one just experiencing abnormal ops) are not necessarily guaranteed priority over exercise (military) aircraft (no doubt due to the inability to contact those operating without radios). What kind of pre-flight considerations do you think come into play there? (AC has had to fly DP so misses window and now has got to hold but holding wasn't originally reqd).