PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 27th Aug 2008, 04:43
Bob Murphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there is also proof that the Minister can sign an instrument that allows Air Services to set up a fund to pay for installation in GA what was the purpose of "Corporatising" Airservicers in the first place? What is this proof?

Reading some threads here I get the impression that those in favour are "willing" it to come to fruition. I'm a bit of a pessamist and have never got anything for nothing from anyone. Whatever I have got came after years of hard work which put into dollars would put the win in the loss column.

I can't see how ADSB improves on anything I do, nor my friends who own light GA private aircraft who fly VFR below 10,000 ft and generally outside the J curve. I also fear the subsidy will not eventuate. Do you know what AOPA are going to do if that happens. It's probably too late to oppose it once it is mandated.

That's not to say Airservices or IFR traffic in the flight levels in congested airspace wouldn't benefit, but why burden me with the extra cost of buying carbon offsets because China is belching more than their share of the 0.38% of carbon in the atmosphere.

Sorry went off thread there, must be the heat.