PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 22:29
OPENDOOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite.
To all those involved in a/c safety. I am sure you will wish to join me in congratulating Mr. Pen Hadow, the Arctic explorer and the BBC Today program for their outstanding contribution to public awareness of in flight emergency procedures.
For example;
“Mr. Hadow said some of the oxygen masks failed to work and the crew did not make any announcements to reassure passengers”
“The next thing, the oxygen masks were dropping. My highest priority was to get a mask on to my son who was sitting next to me in a bemused and frightened state.
"It was obvious to me that there was depressurisation in the cabin but there was no announcement and no evidence of the cabin crew for most of this experience. Why on earth didn't they give a few more calming words to the passengers?"
He added his mask "wasn't filling up with oxygen and neither was my son's".
He said. "He was hyperventilating. I looked at the lady on my left and her's hadn't filled up either. From where I was sitting I could see about 20 masks and only a few of them were inflating. It was extremely variable as to who got oxygen in their masks, and the cabin crew didn't seem to know what to do."
I am sure Mr. Hadow would welcome your thoughts. [email protected]