PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 22:21
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overthewing,

If you're on board an aircraft and would like a closer look at any of the safety demonstration equipment, such as the oxygen mask, all you have to do is ask... I'd be happy for you to have a little play with it (as long as I get it back in one piece). If you need clarification on anything in the procedures, all you have to do is ask. If I get no questions, I assume everyone is happy with how things work, as I can't ask everyone individually if they understood or need clarification. We'd never get off the ground...

In regards to a practice area in the terminal. Good idea, but when you think about how many different aircraft types there are and different equipment, the area would take up so much space that the airport authority would lose out of valuable shop space. Also, how would you feel if you "practiced" equipment for a B737 just to walk on board an A320? The doors are different, and some equipment vary from airline to airline.

Airlines do take safety seriously, believe it or not. If we didn't, we'd all be out of business.

If you still need explanations to certain things about flying/safety/etc, feel free to start another thread for such questions or you're more than welcome to pm me if you wish. I will try my best to have an explanation for you.

Hope this clarifies somewhat and is helpful.

Gg