PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-WPAS
Thread: G-WPAS
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 22:05
Skidkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you and all is now clear. It does, however, raise the question of why the decal coverings did not last the journey?

From looking at the photograph I assume that a fairly large sheet of bin liner style plastic was used to obscure the 'Wiltshire Ambulance' and 'Police' markings, and that the sticky tape has not been strong enough to hold it onto the aircraft. What has happened to that sheet of plastic? Presumably it has become detached from the aircraft during the journey.

What would the consequences have been if it had then wrapped itself across the windscreen of a passing vehicle? A serious accident could have occurred possibly causing injury or loss of life. Fortunately, that does not appear to have happened but it certainly puts the vehicle driver at risk of prosecution for having an insecure load.

Whatever the circumstances, it has caused a photograph to be widely publicised that no doubt embarrases the Wiltshire Police/Ambulance Air Support Unit.

Also, VfrpilotPB/2 is absolutely right that the aircraft is badly secured. I'm sure that a C130 loadmaster would be horrified by what he sees in that photograph. Also, did anyone consider the consequences of wrapping the straps across the the rear skid dampers, the casings of which are fairly delicate I seem to remember.

Come on PAS - If you wish to maintain your professional reputation then you should be paying more attention to detail or supervising your contractors better.