PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 20:48
azalea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JM340
After seeing this photo above, I believe at the theory of a deployed reverse thrust on the starboard engine, too.

It seems that the aircraft get a severe drift to the right. But the turn was going exclusively along the vertical axis as no wing marks can be detected on the ground.
It can be assumed that the wings where leveled (I believe this is quit typical for tail powered aircrafts in a event of asymmetric thrust) in the moment of the impact.

After touching the ground the right drift was still highly intense and the crew had no control until the front gear was lowered.

In the Moment the front gear has touched the soil (thats seems to be the trail from the left to the right - crossing the trails of the maingears) the crew became back control and could stop the right drift. More than that they could turn the aircraft in an opposite direction but unfortunately there was not quit enough space before the dip.

That’s my 2pence. I know, its speculation again. For the truth we have to wait to the end of the investigation

Last edited by azalea; 26th Aug 2008 at 21:07.