PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Air Lines A320 again in Runway excursion
Old 26th Aug 2008, 17:05
Cessna1052

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Work for the best

Skyhawker and Planestupid,

let bygones be bygones, just let it go. Aside from Ian, almost all of us are hiding behind our Pprune callsigns, not that people from PAL doesnt know who cessna really is. But the point is, aside from rumour network, we are here at least to contribute our sound ideas in prevention of such Incidents or even accidents from happening again.

It saddens me to see and read news about Philippine airplanes flown by Filipino pilots going outside the runway. I still believed that I have good friends back home, and it fears me knowing that it might be a friend who was at one point in danger of losing their lives, not to mention hundred of passengers whom i might have some affiliation.

In my present outfit, Safety reports are regularly submitted ranging from unstabilized approaches, RA's, disruptive Passengers, Go arounds, Miscommunication etc. And this reports are released to all the pilots via the company email addresses, for all of us to read and understand. In this way, It gives us added situational awareness of those peculiar procedures to a specific airport.
And if you're new to a destination, you can phone up Safety dept and ask for latest copies of this Safety reports for that Airport.
But, of course Safety doesnt provide the Names of pilots involved on the safety reports. We dont have need for it.