PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 15:30
theron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pax

first let me say the pilot not saying anything until the situation was safe is a no brainer.

also, people should listen to the pre flight safety briefing, even if you have heard it a million times already since you may distract someone else who needs to hear it or cause other passengers to become complacent when its their 1st time.

i have never experienced a depressurisation, but im confident i would know what to do and how to behave. however something has struck me as being a bit strange, there seems to be no obvious, consistent indication that the oxygen is flowing?

i think a visual indication that a passenger could use to see if they have correctly tugged at the oxygen masks might help? i imagine something like a black dot (or red cross) means not tugged, green dot (or green tick)means tugged and working, positioned just next to where the mask drops from. This way a pax may know if they need to tug harder or even move on to another mask since passing out isnt a great way of finding out. maybe just a physical click, if there isnt one already, would help.

im very aware of upsetting people or saying the wrong thing in pprune, let me know if u dont like what ive said ill delete/edit no problem