PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 15:25
ChrisLKKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picking through the bones, it sounds as if everything went according to the training manuals, the guys up front acted properly, the cabin crew acted properly and the aircraft systems worked properly......not much of a story really is it ? (except as long as my assumptions are correct, well done to the crew)

You can't do anything about the public making a drama out of a non-crisis but with regard to the workshy mountain climber, judging by his web site he's not lacking in self promotional skills, it sounds like he's used this incident to gain a bit of free publicity at the expense of putting the company and crew is a bad light....what a dick!

Regarding making a PA, it's been mentioned that the crew were probably donning their own oxygen masks and the chaps up front were a bit busy so they weren't able to make any announcements. What I don't think has been mentioned is that the cabin crew probably didn't know exactly what was happening themselves, i've no doubt they had a good idea but surely it's not their job to preempt the Captain?

As for recorded messages, it would be a bit of a sod if the wrong one went off because it's impossible to cover every eventuality giving mis leading information.

Anyone care to speculate what the possible causes of explosive depressurisation are on that aircraft are ?