PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 14:40
Atreyu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from Pen Hadow

"It was unfortunate that, for whatever reasons, the flight crew were not able to talk to any of us," he told BBC News.

"We really didn't see them during the main situation at all. They didn't say anything, they weren't visible. We have not heard a squeak.

They weren't visible Pen? Surely the commander had a leisurely stroll through the cabin, to ensure the Thinking Mans Explorer was comfortable and calm in his oxygen mask?

Is this guy for real?

"We have been through a genuine life-threatening emergency. The runway had fire engines all the way down the line, this was a full-on situation."

Groan... A full on situation no less...

Don't eat the yellow snow Pen...

MOL had this to say...

"Passengers sometimes misunderstand and expect there's going to be a surge of oxygen, when in actual fact there's simply a steady stream of oxygen," he said.

"I've been in one of these myself. The oxygen masks were working, the correct safety procedures were followed."

Passengers also complained that the flight crew failed to tell them immediately why the aircraft was descending so quickly.

Mr O' Leary said passengers had not been told immediately why the aircraft was descending so quickly because safety had been the crew's priority.

"We have to require that the pilots and the cabin crew deploy their oxygen masks and they can't be making PA announcements while they have their oxygen masks on," he said.

"As the passengers confirmed the pilot did make an announcement once he got down to 8,000ft, when it's safe to take oxygen masks off."

I know if I'm sat with the orange mask on my face, I want the flightcrew to be getting the A/C to a safe level without undue delay, not having a natter with the punters.

I'm sure had they crew left the aircraft at FL350 or whatever and some passengers had evetually died from oxygen starvation, their familes would be quick to sue for criminal negligence, citing the crew had not followed their emergency procedures...

You can't win...

Well done to the all the crew onboard

Atreyu