PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Virgin Blue Share Price - how low can it go and for how long?
Old 26th Aug 2008, 14:22
Quokka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was alluding to macquarie and friends may be buying the shares then talking them up to earn some quick cash (first half).
Disclaimer:

I, nor any Tom, Mr Smith or Harry that I know has bought VB shares... yet.

Mainly because I got out of bed at midday today, fed the cats and promptly went back to bed... only to surface later at a time that precluded me calling my Mac Private Buckeroos broker... and a long time after the close of trade.

As a rule, I don't buy shares in aviation companies because I believe the potential downside is significantly higher than the potential upside. Just my personal opinion and one that is not shared by my Mac Private Buckeroos Client Advisor. It's a rule that I've broken twice, once with QF and once with VB... on both occasions I lost money. Don't get me wrong, I love aviation, having spent my teenage years and my whole working life in it. I just have more success in other sectors of the market when punting.

End of Disclaimer.

However... having read the article, from a general investing perspective, one would have to agree that when the share price of a company falls below the asset value... one should have a very, very, close look at it.

One warning though... remember Pasminco.