PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 13:29
Miss Flossy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who knows a lot of FR cabin crew and pilots I can say that safety is of paramount importance to them and the airline. Cabin crew often talk about how they've had to stop the safety demo's in order to get people to listen. I get SO annoyed when I'm on a flight and people are shouting and talking, in fact I've told other pax to ssshh up before.

Of course the crew aren't going to make an announcement before or during the emergency FFS, what planet are some people on. I don't work in aviation and I know that obviously the number one priority is to get the plane into a safe situation/height before any announcements are made.

It sounds to me like the crew did a sterling job. To the idiot who wonders why the cabin crew weren't checking pax, it's because they have to get oxygen masks on themselves or because of depressurisation they'll die. Doesn't anyone remember that incident in Greece?? This could have happened again. Next time, maybe people will listen to the safety drill.

Ryanair are a NO FRILLS airline whoever was moaning about being treated like cattle. If you pay a tenner, what do you expect. When the flights are on time and all goes smoothly, I don't hear anyone complaining.

Anyway, rant over and to the Ryanair crew who got everyone safely on the ground.