PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 13:03
marchino61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Translation of Spanish post above (to the best of my ability):

First I would like to express my condolences to all the families of the crew and pasengers. Rest in peace.

I was in ramp of the T-4s, at approximately 14:25, I saw how a Spanair MD took off and it caught my attention that it used a long distance to take off, almost equal to what the A-340 uses.

It lifted off almost at the end of the runway and was rolling to the left when it turned to the right and the wing touched the ground, after which the aeroplane dragged itself 500m, hit a grove of trees and exploded in a huge ball of flame.

At that moment my legs shook over what I had seen,(no daba credito) ,the thought that the plane was full of passengers was horrifying. I hope that my eyes never see anything like it again.

I feel disgusted about what is appearing in the newspapers - how can they publish that a pilot could fly if his plane was not in condition? putting his life and that of all the passengers in danger.

These comments embitter the families of the victims.

I am new in the web and i am sorry that my first comment is about a catastrophe at a Spanish airport.

My salutations to everyone.