PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 12:51
baftabill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies

I think there are some really strong lessons in this.

Not that passengers are "Plonkers" (Speed of Sound), "totally thick" (Teevee), "idiotic, the misinformed, the ignorent (sic), and the plain stupid" (Spicejetter), "pretty ignorent (sic) (Spicejetter), "(smiley)moron!" (mercenary pilot).

Hadow was educated at Harrow (proving only that someone paid for his education) so presumably had an education, and has faced stress in his bonkers exploits, yet he was not prepared for what happened.
It is possible he has never listened to the safety announcement, but that misses the point - do you really think that the safety announcement prepares passengers fully for emergencies on board? The same safety announcement that tells me how to exit the plane in the event of a "landing on water"?

If you wanted the majority to understand it fully you would have to demonstrate, something I don't think would go down well with marketing.....

As passengers we pay peanuts for cheap flights, and in return are treated like cattle. We've got used to it. See above for how you think of us.....

And while we're at it, Hadow had his say, and MOL countered it rather well.
That's how this media thing works.

On another note, you can see the Delta safety briefing on You Tube. It's less than 5 mins long. The oxygen section is 26 second long, and begins with the worlds "It's unlikely, but if cabin pressure changes..." WTF?
This follows on from the section where we are encouraged to locate our nearest exit, so if I'm following insructions I will be looking for the nearest exit and trying to work out where the liferafts are.

Do you really think this prepares passengers???

Last edited by baftabill; 26th Aug 2008 at 13:08.