PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clapping on landing
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 12:24
dicksorchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ciggy smuggling & clapping during and after a flight

One of the funniest things that i have ever seen whilst on an aircraft was during one of my regular flights to Gerona .It was on a Ryanair special return out of Liverpool .

We call them Special's because the flights are usually packed with Ciggy smugglers !

I had the misfortune to have a gang of 6 very noisy , slightly inebriated , chavtastic ciggy smugglers sitting directly in front of me . Twas all in good spirit but just a bit noisy . These where big guys who looked & acted like real hardcase's .

As the flight progressed towards the Pyrenee's we encountered some light air turbulence and said hardcase's where making jokes , doing roller coaster rider impressions , arms up in the air etc etc

Everyone onboard was getting peeved with the noise & boisterous behaviour out of this motley que when once again the seatbelt sign went on . The stewardess came along to ensure they had their belts on when the aicraft lurched to the right the poor hosty ended up on one of the chap's laps to much hooraying etc but a lot of people where starting to get nervous and the last thing we needed was a bunch of loud pissheads taking the mick .

The turbulence got progessivly worse and the aircraft got quieter & quieter .
There was a lot of lurching & dipping and a few banging noise's going on .
when all of a sudden the silence of the moment was broken by a loud fearfull voice screaming

" Johno make it stop lad - i don't like it "

Everyone turned round to see this big hard case absolutly terrified clinging to his mate practically hysterical . The whole cabin burst out laughing i mean what was poor Johno supposed to be able to do about it ? It broke the ice & people seemed to forget about the turbulence

Anyway when we landed to a round of the loudest clapping that i have ever heard .
Dont know if they were saluting the captains airmanship or the scaredycat hardcase for putting on a good show .

The comedy did'nt stop there either i was queing in Gerona airport to book in for my flight back to the pool when i noticed two beautifull , angelic little girls aged about 4. Twins both carrying their own little barbie suitcase's . Bored whilst waiting for the long que to go down they decided to promptly open their suitcase's to get out their toys and what fell to the ground ?

10 sleeves of lambert & Butler !! and that was in each suitcase .

Mummy & daddy were horrified to say the least - the crowd was in hysterics especially when one of the little girls shouted " mum someones stole my toys "
A round of applaue resounded around the airport . The spanish where looking at us brits as if we where mad !

Don't you just love flying