PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA boss slams Hollywood stars as "gutless cowards"
Old 12th Nov 2001, 04:55
bugg smasher
quidquid excusatio prandium pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not certain Will Shakespeare would agree with some of the sentiments being expressed here, the history of storytelling and its practitioners have a long and distinguished tradition. Hollywood arguably churns out much that is trash, but every once in a while they produce something worth having a look at. I am reminded, for example, of the opening scenes of Private Ryan, a chilling look at the what the common man must endure when our noble leaders have run amok.

If Mr. Eddington did in fact make those remarks, they were ill considered. His intention to shame the celebrities back into the air may have served the wider aviation community, but he has certainly defeated his immediate purposes in that they are unlikely to step aboard a BA aircraft anytime soon. Where the reporter is concerned, that is typical of the sensation-seeking trash that characterizes much of what is published these days. Be careful, Rod, you never know who you’re talking to.

As far as Bruce Willis being a “pussy” is concerned, that is open to debate. He grew up on the streets of the Bronx where many of New York’s finest firefighters and cops hail from. It is also a section of town where an open display of disrespect will likely find your sorry @rse irritatingly dead. I for one, would think twice about calling him that to his face.