PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways extra fuel restriction
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 17:46
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I am wrong, but this new ACN does not change a thing now, does it?

The only thing they ask is not to cheat the system. If you want extra fuel, do it the correct way!

Be a man and fill in the form! Who cares about those letters? If you as capt think its justified to take extra fuel, take it!

Or take the other option, an option many are considering it seems to me, and take CFP fuel and if short do not hesitate and divert! The initial ACN actually said that it would be better for the company to have some diversion rather than to have all flights taking of with too much fuel.

Myself, I still take the fuel I deem necessary for the flight, without going in to excess!

Problem by asking the fuelers to uplift some extra 100s of kgs is that you fool the system into believing the CFP fuel is correct. By doing so the statistically calculated dispatch corrections are wrong as the system will think the CFP was correct --> no correction for the future!

If you fill in the form, even for 150kgs, it allows the results to be changed statistically. Diversions would do the same I guess

So the way I see it, we have two options available. The third one (asking the fuelers) is a nono!