PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 25th Aug 2008, 13:39
dj_candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F111 Said:
Think about it, international flights have a 2 hour sign on and 1/2 to 1 hour (to clear customs) after arrival, so if the flight time is 15 hours (on a good day) from LAX to SYD you duty time from would 17.5 to 18 hours. Then you would need another 30 minute to get from the international to domestic terminal so you are up to 18 to 18.5 hours of duty before you get on the VB aircraft. The minimum VB return flight from SYD would be CBR, this flight chock to chock is 90 mins (at best). So the min duty you could do would be 19.5 to 20 hours and 3 sectors (including 1 BOC), no fatigue system would allow this.
I'm not sure if you were using this scenario as a possible pairing or not F111 - but I can't imagine a 777 crew following an international flight with a domestic sector.

I assumed the clause was there to put a batch through a 737/eJet conversion and then loan them to domestic operations for a few weeks/months/years, like was recently suggested with the wet-leasing of 2 aircraft from DJ to Pac Blue.

I have to take the opinion that if the clauses have been written - then they've thought about using them.

The FAAA weren't invited in to the drafting of the conditions - and the contracts have been presented as individual agreements - so not entirely sure that collecting together after the fact will have a huge impact.

Potential crew reading/thinking/discussing/rejecting will certainly have a bigger impact - but unfortunately there does appear to be evidence on this forum of candidates willing to take this role at any price.

Also, at sessions with management (unplugged) we were told there would be a minimum 14 days to respond to the contract. But that was a few months back now.