PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 13:26
xkoote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does someone remeber if there was metion of the time the aircraft stayed at eh blocks whilst the mechanics looked over the aircraft? I don't know if this is the procedure with all MD80 operators, but I have always been accustomed that the captain call for flaps and slats to be retracted during taxi in. Even if you decide to leave all checklist items as is so you can quickly start the delayed flight again, I think you have the tendency to call for flaps and slats retract even though the taxi in checklist was omitted. Does anyone agree that this could be an issue?

To those offended by endless dribble and nonsense, I'm sorry but with a major accident you will get more people posting. It is in any case MUCH more interesting to comment about a major accident, than to comment about MEL items in log books etc. So it is logical that these threads are MUCH more expansive. And to those who say that only facts need to be posted here. Than this page should have 2, maybe 3 posts. These posts would contain the same info you can find in any other news site. So grow up guys. Stop stroking those ego's. I'm an ATP and took the time to read through the WHOLE thread before posting. I didn't complain.