PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Close Essendon Airport!
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 10:44
bullamakanka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All

As you can see from the "cut and paste" from the close essendon airport group there is a public rally coming up. How about we all head down in uniform, or even better, do a fly past on the day.

I live about 300m to the north of the approach to runway 26, just prior to the outer marker. There is a great view from my decking of aircraft on approach to land. It is supurb!!! I dont want them closing it down.

I have meet some of the people behind the campaign. They really have no idea what style of aviation the airport supports. There blanket response to every thing is move it to tulla! The other suggestion they made in my discussion with them was that the RFDS aircraft must have quieter engines installed ?? They are very emmotional about the issues and are difficult to have a logical conversation with.

I wonder if they realise that half of the aircraft that overfly the pasoce vale area are on approach to runway 34 at Melbourne, not essendon? They cite air pollution as a major issue. I expect a few heavies overflying will produce more pollution than the light aircraft movements into Essendon. Does this mean they will try and shut Tulla also?
The heavies also have a fair bit of airframe noise at this point. Just as much as the lighties.

The group is really selfish, just wanting to make their own street a little quiter and apparently safer. Yet they expect other suburbs surrounding Tulla, Adelaide, Sydney, parafield, bankstown etc to harbour these "issues".

Another gripe they had was the "threat" of an aircraft landing on their house. I was delighted to point out the the guy that his daily drive to work posed him much greater risk, yet he was happy to do that 5 days a week!

Rant over.

Bulla

Come to Close Essendon Airport
Public Rally

Show your support

Sunday 31 August 2008
On the 26 August 2001 (and at each subsequent election) the ALP
Shadow Minister for Transport Confirmed that a future ALP Government would

CLOSE ESSENDON AIRPORT

THE COMMUNITY HAS HAD ENOUGH!
No more Clayton’s Curfew
No more Jets and Helicopters