PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Academy Blackpool
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 10:44
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pony2, it has been said before and will be said again. Be very careful before you start throwing quite offensive accusations about. This is a very small industry and reputations good and bad travel far.

As for your 'costings', well youre either not very good with numbers or missed the point of the AGL scheme. I suspect both.

Firstly, the £660 up front is a deposit. You get it back. So take that out.

Secondly, you quite bizzarely included landing fees in one calculation and not the other. Take that out.

Last of all, if you only want to fly 12 hours every 24 months, why the hell did you bother getting your PPL? (assuming you have one)

This scheme was set up to cater to those who are either hour buliding towards their CPL or have a PPL and want to fly on a regular basis (not 0.5 hours per month like yourself). If you do the maths based on what the scheme was designed for, you will find an hourly rate which the US will find hard to compete with.

Costing example for someone flying 60 hours a year (a proper one):

12 months subscription at £110 per month: £1320
60 flying hours at £70 ph: £4200
Total: £5520.

Divide by 60 gives you £92 ph. Wet. For a new Archer III with dual G430. Or brand new G1000 C172.

Thats only for 5 hours per month. The more you fly, the cheaper it gets.

FAB and AGL are run by a very efficient and friendly bunch of people. The group members all have their heads screwed on. You probably wouldn't have fitted in anyway.

Ps: I am not employed by FAB or AGL. I am not even a member. Just sticking up for a good product.

EK