PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2008, 17:58
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agusaleale;
The graphic posted by justme69 is concordant with the declaration of the captain from Iberia whose statement I copied in post #549
I understand that very well. But the animation is not data-driven. It is only an interpretation by a non-aviation person of another's account, in this case an highly-experienced aviation observer. Eye-witness reports, especially by those who are experts, are helpful to investigators in pointing to ways in which the accident may have begun or to ways in which if unfolded. That said, you will know that eyewitness reports, even by experts, are far less accurate than the data available from the recorders. That is the only standard by which both initialization of, and sequence of the subsquent accident, can be determined. All else is second-hand speculation.

Still, I do know what you mean and know that such responses by the media are seen as "legitimate" by the viewing, curious public who are hungry for information. The thing is, that information can be wrong and lead to all kinds of harmful conclusions. The basis for such animations is not "accurate information" but mere curiosity and, unfortunately, legal interests.