PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 24th Aug 2008, 17:55
hunterboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ghandou...Sorry to sound like a damp squib, but I really would think twice about changing jobs. Many of us do like our flying jobs, but read my post above and realise I'm very lucky. Much like yourself in you job. It took me about 10 years to get where I am. I am able to pick the days I work and more or less where I go. I was lucky to be able to put up with all the crap when I was young and single. If you have a family, being junior in an airline will bring a lot of stress on you and your family.Try putting up with it whilst paying for your type rating and living on 30K a year. If you are lucky and land a plum job, you may pull in 100K after 10 years, but will be tired earning it. You will probably be away from home for much of it.
As a previous poster mentioned, I would swap jobs with you tomorrow and I'm a 777 pilot working 14 days a month. There really is more to life than flying aeroplanes. Work to live.