PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2008, 12:49
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soggy,

Good point about the change in the relative values of the £ and $, but aren't a lot of 'old school' Bristow still paid in £ and unaffected by such things? Anyway, any favourable change in rates, can surely be reversed overnight?

NEO,

I seem to remember you said, let's wait and see. Having now 'seen' some idea of what Bristow are offering, what have you seen of its reception by the 'troops' in the front line bases?

CW,

No matter what, I don't see many people being tempted to leave for ADA and losing at least $6,000 per annum. That place still sucks and they've upset too many people for most experienced pilots to want to leave for that part of the world, no matter how hard Bristow tries to pi$$ off its own people.

SAS,

Pilots are leaving CHC and Bristow already to return to Australia. I don't know about the relative pay, but most of the guys I've spoken to who are returning have said that they'll lose very little and much prefer a 2/2 touring roster to 6/6 in the swamps. I can't see a couple of percent increase making anyone reconsider that, particularly when they're going to upset a lot of people again on the CLA issue. Has there actually been an official announcement on Bristow pay as yet, or is it just expected to be in the same ball park as CHC's raise?