PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2008, 11:38
bristowburnout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cicero had it right

Yet another Randy Organ triumph of bureaucracy over common sense . Staff are going to have to wait until September to get their pay rise. Even though it's back dated to July 1 people are going to lose interest (in both senses). The numpty obviously has a total grasp of life in Nigeria . I can just see the guys in Escravos visiting their local Western Union office to pick up some Naira, or the guys in Eket asking the armed convoy with all the XOM staff in it as well to please stop off at Diamond Bank on the way in at 0645 so they can cash a cheque. I'm sure the convoy at Warri Texaco won't mind diverting into town, rather than just driving across the road so they can visit the Bureau de Change . This has got to be the worst conceived Bristow pay review in Nigeria ever. They just start settling people in Eket down a bit and now the whole apple cart has just been upset again. I can't wait to get my official notification - toilet paper is getting scarce down here with all the BS we're being fed .

As Marcus T Cicero said, "As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap".