PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Air Lines A320 again in Runway excursion
Old 24th Aug 2008, 06:31
SKYHAWKER

On Leadership

Parsifal, your concept of "Leadership" is on the micro side which is applicable only to small unit/organization. My concept is "macro leadership", which is how to change a very large organization from a bad and dwindling to a good and profitable one. In short, how a Leader set the tone and direction.

Have you seen a very good organization devastated by a Weak Leader? It is the same thing that a very bad organization transformed by a Strong Leader. A good example is Malaysian Airlines. It is the Leader.

Pack1, I do not have any plan to move at my present position at the moment though I feel that I am the "Big Boss" of my own organization with "much of the pay and less of the responsibility". My English is also not as good as what you may think of (ICAO Level 5) but good enough than those English Speaking countries who got Level 4. I have 6 years to enjoy my work and to improve my English.

By the way, I know an IP who is good in many things. Good in English, good in speech, good in grammar, good in composition,and the most important thing is"good in connections". But he has a big problem on CRM that borders an incident or accident. He should have been better as an English Instructor.

"It's All About Experience."

No Offense!!!