PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - True Color Of Hka
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2008, 00:09
drool69er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Color Of Hka

Despite all the other locals (CX and KA) cancelling all flights during recent typhoon - and I might add, a whole bunch of other airlines with common sense, HKA and HKE were the only airlines STUPID enough to keep operating.

Company SOPS state, max take off x-wind wet=25kts.
X-Wind that day? 35kts gusting up to 50kts

Atleast one pilot(western) was smart enough to delay take off until tower report a lull in wind. The others? (Indo snake type) Didn't bother to check wind and just took off anyway. Exceeding company - aircraft limits - and no doubt well exceeding their own limits.

A true indication of these guys mentallity and arrogance. I feel for the pax and cabin crew.

The email sent to crew detailing no tolerance for non-compliance to sops must have been just an ego trip by the managers coz their staff certainly didn't comply. What will happen? NOTHING. It'll get swept under the carpet, just like the death threat, sexual harrassement, and all the other hard QAR's by these guys.

Sadly, it'll take a serious accident for anything to happen, and not after we all warned about it.

Well done HKA and HKE, your antics that day do show us how stupid you really are.

[I wonder how long this post will stay before it gets deleted by the snakes?]