PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 20:29
sAx_R54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggest we maintain the status quo!

This is my first (and last!) post since joining this forum. I would just like to say that even the 'clinically thick' are able to determine whether comments submitted to the PPRuNe are from individuals who are either CPL/ATPL and therefore know and understand the substance of matters they are talking about. I have long since been intrigued by the character of any individual who is able to sit at the front of a high powered tube and traverse long-distances over plains and oceans, where at any moment the dull and ordinary can rapidly move to the most terrifying of experiences.

It is clear (to me at least), those who truly understand what FADEC/EICAS/EGT/EPR/DME/ILS/AoA/BA/V1....etc means, and how these systems and processes are applied to control modern commercial flight. The quest for knowledge is liberating and the professionals on this forum should remain, so that those who do not know what they are talking about are clearly exposed.

As one of those SLF's who smells fear the moment the wings of any aeroplane moves a mm from the horizontal, my sincere respect to all those individuals who we rarely meet and equally less get to know, who are prepared to apply all their professionalism and skill to take us safely to any far flung part of this planet.

Finally, I would like to close with my deepest condolences to all those who have been affected by this most recent tragedy in Madrid.

sAx