PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFO Update and DEC's!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 15:11
rick.shaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Old Fella - I'll bite.

Since you were with CX (retired?), things have change alot. In my 10+ years with the company, I have seen most of the 'gentlemanliness' simply disappear. And that boils down to penny pinching and COS degradation by a bunch of merciless managers out to make some quick bucks for selling their souls. FYI, my Uncle was a long time F/E and he just rolls his eyes back in disgust when I tell him the latest news - whether it be blatant COS busts (love the words 'normally' etc), 'interesting' interpretaions of COS or whatever.

And don't even go there with the 'if you don't like it bugger off elsewhere' diatribe. Most of us have invested a huge amount of time in this company. To give that all up and head to the bottom of the heap elsewhere is dumb. Any employee should have a reasonable expectation that COS should remain the same or similar unless negotiated changes are made. A sign or be fired ultimatum does not fit that description by the way!

I suspect you are of the generation that was able to call the shots, have the best years of aviation and have retired comfortably with your package and super intact. For that, I am very happy for you. I just regret not being part of that generation.