PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 14:21
CecilRooseveltHooks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[sevenstrokeroll] BUT HERE IS THE RUB...if the Mechanic disabled the current to the RAT PROBE HEATER and did not recognize the problem with GROUND SHIFT MECHANISM...

YOU MIGHT LOSE THE TAKEOFF CONFIGURATION WARNING!!!!! THIS WOULD ALLOW YOU TO ATTEMPT TAKEOFF WITHOUT SLATS/FLAPS!!!! IF THE PILOT FORGOT,there would be no warning.

THIS MIGHT be a viable scenario!!!
Before I mentioned (and my post was pruned) about the fact as SLF on Spanair in MAD last month I noticed for the first time one engine taxi out procedure on that carrier after 20 some flights on their maddogs.

from T2 to the 36s (especially R) is a long taxi. I'm not familiar with the procedures, but it appears that setting the flaps is executed after delayed start checklist.

So, with your (professional) speculation about mabye losing the config warning and my (slf) FACT that there is in my 3 yrs flying the carrier to/from madrid now the possibility of single engine taxi out procedure, calling for late configuration on an already delayed flight, it is a scenario that can line up some of the holes in the cheese.

Last edited by CecilRooseveltHooks; 23rd Aug 2008 at 17:34.