PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 13:07
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalek,

I did not correct your spelling, I merely suggested that you should (as a Teacher) pay more attention to it. Maybe I should have got my Wife to reply as she is the one with the Pilots Licence, MSc and B Ed.

Regarding the Airworthiness of the aircraft for its final sortie; the Crew had flown the aircraft for several hours already that day and had not raised any concerns regarding airworthiness or handling qualities of the aircraft - nor had they raised any paperwork regarding faults or defects. Moreover, the AAIB found no evidence of any technical fault which could have caused the crash.

What we do know is that the crew had received every extension of Crew Duty time that was possible to enable them to complete the task and they were thrown even further behind schedule by the late arrival of their Pax. They therefore faced the possible embarassment of having to ask SRAFONI for a further (exceptional) extension of Crew Duty Time or exceptional permission to nightstop out of Theatre.

Perhaps the question you should be asking is "what was the Fleetwide Modification Programme that resulted from this accident to prevent it happening again?"