PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I trust the manuals?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 09:07
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Perhaps Daniel is an interested youngster ? hard to say as his profile singularly is lacking in detail.

However, I think that we all should be tolerant towards questions generally .. including those which may be a tad wide of the mark ... if we start trying to draw a line as to what questions are worth answering or not .. then we move closer toward a forum whose educational/training value is undermined .. ? Indeed, it may be said that tolerance is a measure of civilised behaviour ..

More importantly, the depth and level of a question needs to be considered in relation to the experience and needs of the person asking the question ... well might we raise an eyebrow at an elementary question posed by an appropriate professional .. but the same question might be entirely appropriate and sensible if posed by a junior highschool student.

There is no intention that Tech Log should be the preserve of the annointed .. we do ourselves a disservice if we permit the forum to become, in any way, elitist.

It has been my observation that questions/threads without a great deal of merit either are answered easily and/or tend to sink to the bottom of the bog fairly quickly .. ergo, there really is no need to critique the inherent value of questions per se .. the question, itself, will dictate the answer to the query ...