PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enquiry regarding use of ATIS
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 06:57
John Hill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wojtus, yes we considered offering to your country but the qualification conditions were quite daunting! If I recall correctly one of the conditions to participate in the public offer was to have sold 3 ATIS systems in the last 3 years at more than a million dollars each! I cannot imagine what the purpose of such a stipulation might be but we can do a very nice ATIS unit for about $20,000!

Thanks for the comments regarding input methods and especially the touch panel etc.

If the client still uses strips we print the text of the current ATIS for each of the positions that need it. Our ATIS workstation shows changed ATIS in a different colour on the display. Where the client has specified non-automated updating of ATIS our display will show in colour when current instrument readings differ from the current ATIS and when specified ranges are exceeded.

I am rather disappointed that we were effectively precluded from making an offer to your country as I remember a visit some few years ago and I rather proud of our product! Our ATIS is in use by your neighbours in CZ.

Yes, I must see who I can lobby to get some flexibility into the ATIS formats.

Thank you for your comments.