PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I trust the manuals?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 17:38
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I just got a manual for the A330, and it says that A330 requires 3100m for take-off. But Wikipedia says it needs 2500m. Should I trust the real manual as I got from a A330 pilot? I´m not Robini in the forum as many of you may think.
Some erroneously say that there's no such thing as a stupid question...but here's proof positive that such does exist.

This can be nothing but flame bait. You're asking if the manufacturer performance data (compiled at enormous expense through rigorous computation and testing) should be believed over "wikipedia?" Yes. That's a very stupid question.

I have no idea what a robini is, but it's a troll, then that would be you. This forum strives to provide competent, rational discussion about technical and professional topics...and asking if manufacturer data is valid in comparison to an internet reference is neither rational nor professional. It's ridiculous.

Should performance data be believed? Yes. Should one attempt to gain performance data from the internet? Clearly no.

Obviously you're not asking this regarding an actual airplane...is this is connection with a "simulator" game, then?