PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 15:34
agusaleale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Lost in Saigon:

As you already know, the parallel runway is used in this case only for departures. So the pilot landing on paralell sounds unreal. Moreover, there is a testimony of a pilot who was waiting for the departure on the parallel runway and saw the accident, he told that the plane went to the air normally, then a sudden flash in the engine, unusual position of the nose up and then the fall to the right, the position of the nose kept his attention, although recognized that when seeing it from behind he may have been deceived by the perception.

How do you realize that the power at the moment of initiating the take off was not enough? Even though there are cameras, I read that they are far enough to get a fair picture of the plane, considering that the very clear and hot day didnīt help (Iīd say like in the desert, you see mirages due to the very hot weather and the very clear surfaces)

I suspect that there may have exist more direct witnesses, as the surrounding area to the right is an elevation with full of houses, and I suppose someone else must have seen something else.

Last edited by agusaleale; 22nd Aug 2008 at 15:44.