PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK recruitment Stop
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 14:58
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown with a large number of Americans in the past 6-8 months and have not yet run across one of them that was not a good pilot. In fact, I would say on the whole, they were above average.

There is the tendency for shoddy RT though, and even then that is only about 1/4 of them. But man, that Chuck Yeager, ''Roger that, undershtand cleared down 24 OH'' crap gives a good indication of the likely long winded, confusing RT to ATC. I think it is just a symptom of having flown so much in N.A.. It usually is not a big deal, but on the other hand, it is so easy to fix I do not underSHtand why the few don't make the effort. It is one less hole in that sliced cheese model in my opinion.

I now ask if they wish the first leg for a couple of reasons. One, they seem to prefer flying out of DXB and into new destinations, which I think is wise. And two, they tend to use standard RT after listening to me do my best at standard RT on the first leg. It is just a theory...... feel free to ridicule me..... I don't mind.