PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 14:35
LittleFish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,

There is this burning question at the back of my mind and it's eating me up slowly. Hopefully those in the know can shed some light. Firstly I am a Singaporean who has just graduated with a non-engineering degree from NUS.

Strangely enough, I was called up for the interview when I was still an undergraduate (24 turning 25yo) in Aug'07. Went all the way, but crashed out during the final interview (two exams the day before took its toll on me I suspect). It has been haunting me ever since. Few months down the road, decided to cut short my honours yr and took up the cabin crew position that I was offered.

After flying a few months as cabin crew, the desire to be in the cockpit increases with each sector. Now the million dollar question is: do I have another shot in this lifetime? Spoke to a few captains/FOs and all told me to never give up and keep on applying. But the one management pilot I have spoken to during my cabin crew ccrm told me my chances are slim. I am giving myself 18months (thats the cabin crew bond) to see whether I can make it or not (in all sense); 'cos if the door's close forever, I'll have to accept it and focus my energy elsewhere (love the flying lifestyle, but cabin crew isnt really long term for me).

Any kind souls out there can shed some light on my situation? Do pm me if its not convenient. Am thinking of finding an appropriate time to have a chat with Ms J.

Any help is greatly appreciated.