PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Theoretical Examinations in the UK
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 14:30
allenwiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theoretical Examinations in the UK

I am a student pilot (PPL) in France. As my French is not good enough to sit the theoretical exams in French, I contacted the French authorities and asked them whether I could sit the exams in the UK and whether they would accept the pass results obtained in the UK. They informed me that in the UK (apparently) it is the private flying institutions which set the exams and students sit their exams at their own flying schools and not at a central location. Because of this reason, the French authorities do not accept the exam results from the UK!

I assume that the exam results issued by a flying schol would in any event be endorsed by the CAA in which case the French authorities would have to accept them.

My question is, what happens when a student in the UK passes his/her exams? Is the document issued by the flying school certifying that the student has passed the exams then counter signed/stamped by the CAA? If so, can someone send please me such a document (even with the name of the student hidden) with which I can approach the French authorities and ask them to reconsider their position?

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.