PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 11:35
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not heard a thing. Davies has disappointingly been neglecting me of late. I miss his threatening and abusive emails and messages, they used to brighten up the odd slow morning!

If this news about Unique Air "doing a runner" without paying rent for their latest "HQ", this time at Farnborough, is an epitaph to the story of the "company", then I would like to make two observations:

A/. The CAA were unable to make a case for prosecuting Unique Air, Mark Sedgely or Mark Davies. This is not a criticism of the CAA, merely a statement of fact.

B/. The current system we have in the UK for registering a limited company allows no recourse in law for those who are owed money when a company folds. The latest to learn this will no doubt be the landlords of the room rented by Unique Air. Similarly there is nothing to stop Sedgely and his rather unsavoury ilk from setting up a new company the very next day with a cynically similar name and continuing trading as before but with no intention or requirement to pay bad debts from their previous entity.

To this day some 18 months after my own Unique Air experience, I fail to see why they did it, or where money was made. If it was a scam (certainly claims of million dollar funding, and Jets on order were false), then what was their aim? I think this will always remain a mystery.

Thankfully most of those innocently involved have, as far as I know gone on to better things or proper flying jobs. On reflection I am annoyed with myself for thinking I had a job with them in the first place, from day one things were just plain wrong, but I was desperate for a job then and turned a blind eye. Hindsight, as is said, is 20/20. Sadly I am far less trusting or tolerant these days.

Finally, as a note about PPRUNE and its knockers, the only pragmatic way of hampering Sedgely and Davies in their quest to create a trail of debt and lies has been their exposure on (and occasional zany and buffoonish contribution to) this website. It is moreover a shame that the latest landlord of Unique Air (International (!), M &M, or whatever suffix or company name they are using today) was either not privy to this thread, or chose to ignore it. I would also like to think that this thread made them known and made it impossible for them to fly illegal, dangerous charters. I therefore thank the moderators for their sympathetic treatment of this thread, due I am sure, in part at least, to Sedgely and Davies trying to wind them up and failing to be more clever than them. Failure in fact was their only option.