PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 08:17
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh sorry, hamble. I didn't answer your question correctly. Going by postings on other threads, if the reliance was on the managers that allocate resources for actual manning...we are all doomed

If it is reliant on the coal face like guys like MAX1 and Scurvy D Dog as representative of controllers I'd have to say If the implimentation and rollout is run by the same people who brought us ASIC...be very afraid

If the engineers are the calibre of Mr Dunstone and his team in ASTRA I think we are in very capable hands and I would believe why QANTAS gave them such support in their submission.

Civil Air also says
Civil Air calls on the Government to remove the profit imperative (return to shareholder) from Airservices Australia’s charter. It is time that the Air Traffic control service of Australia is recognised as a vital piece of National infrastructure, and not relied upon as a cash cow
for consolidated revenue. If a profit still exists it should be wholly utilised to allow vital resources to be devoted to fixing years of neglect.
That quote is quite telling in pointing the blame at the profit generation. If this was heeded then I would believe that there would be no problems at all in resourcing a proper roll out of ADS-B...But, it doesn't match reality