PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part M - important news for owners/ operators
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 07:40
smarthawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm used to surveyors having their own ways of interpreting things but this can you/can't you bit about being the CAM, ARS and signing the CRS takes it a bit far!

My surveyor came up on Wednesday for my (M3) audit etc and to discuss the 'future'.

Quoting from the CAA 'Acceptance of nominated Part M Airworthiness Review Certificate (ARC) signatories' guidance letter (March 08) that he supplied me with:

"M.A. Subpart G organisations with Part 145 / M.A. Subpart F approval, may nominate maintenance personnel from their Part 145 / M.A. Subpart F organisation as airworthiness review staff as long as they are not involved in the airworthiness management of the aircraft. These personnel should not have been involved in the release to service of that particular aircraft to avoid possible conflicts of interest."

My interpretation of the above is that you can't be the CAM, ARS and CRS issuer all on the same aircraft. Surely that goes against what others have been told and approved, or are those examples previously mentioned operating as 'one man very small organisations'? The next paparagraph says:

"In the case of a one-man organisation, since such a person has overall authority they can be nominated as airworthiness review staff."

My surveyor takes it that to qualify as a 'one man band' you can't be Sub Part F and therefore release aircraft on your licence a la M3.

Are you guys saying that you can have a 'one man Sub Part F' where one person can issue the CRS and ARC and be the CAM when Sub Part G and F are the same company?!