PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 07:06
hamble701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your research. If ADS-B is to be successfully implemented some of the original questions must still be answered. I do wonder who signed off the VB and QF submissions, was it from the operational areas which were involved in ASTRA etc or by the corporate level ? Likewise, I understand the implication of the extract from the policy paper, the Minister can indeed make determinations for subsidies. However prior to doing so, most Ministers like to have appropriate sign offs from their Cabinet colleagues. I understood that decisions needed to be made by September and if this is so, there is a body of work to be completed urgently. Perhaps September is not the final deadline after all ?

All I ask is that Airservices Australia as the proponent, takes an open and transparent position and provides full information so that industry knows where it stands.

Hope this thread has helped people understand the wider issues of this sort of initiative. The worst possible outcome would be the mandating of ADS-B only to discover in a year or so that a subsidy is not possible.